Sunday, March 23, 2008

Possible Sasquatch Sighting East Of Prince George British Columbia

Posted: March 23, 2008

Brian, Now, for my questionable sighting. About 13 years ago, I was East of Prince George with a friend. Two of my sons, ages 6 and 2 at the time, were asleep in the truck with us as it was after midnight. We had just pulled out of a friend's driveway, turning north. Within 50 to 100 meters, we crested a hill and saw "something" up ahead. Since they were asleep the boys didn't see it but my friend and I did. Whatever it was walked on two feet and had a bulkiness that suggested it to be covered with hair.

We never got close to it, so we never got a really clear look at it but, at the time, we both agreed that it never dropped down to all-fours as it crossed the road (left to right - west to east). As I hit my bright lights and sped up to get a closer look, the truck went into a shallow dip, so we lost sight for a moment. We then crested the next rise. Whatever it was then walked back across the road, again (or still), on two legs. Much later, my friend changed his story. Now he says he thinks he remembers it dropping down onto four legs after it crossed the road.

I honestly don't know what it was. It certainly could have been a grizzly bear, but I don't remember it having a muzzle, and it seems like I remember it swinging it's "arms." It also seems that its legs were longer (and its body shorter) than a grizzly's would have been. I do know that one's mind can play tricks on them. You know, sometimes you see what you expect or want to see, or remember things a little differently than what actually happened. Anyway, I didn't want to be one of those people who doesn't check things out, so, after I passed the spot and didn't see anything, I turned the truck around and went back. When we got close to the spot, I got out and had my friend drive while I walked in front of the truck, looking for evidence by the light of the headlights and a tiny flashlight that I had with me. I admit, considering that it could have been a grizzly, that wasn't the smartest thing I could have done, but you've got to give me more credit for guts than brains. I really wanted to know what it was. I didn't find a single track crossing the road. The road was really hard-packed at the place where "it" crossed. There were moose, coyote, fox, and other tracks that paralleled the road, but nothing crossed it. We went back the next morning and didn't find anything either.

At the time, I did ask some of them (friends) what they thought I could have seen that would have looked like that. Although one of them said a caribou, the rest all thought it was probably a griz. I don't buy the caribou idea at all, as the coloration of a "bou" should have made the back end more visible than the front, not made it look like it was on two legs.

What do you think?

Take care.

Thank you to the witness for their report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment